Poppylium Designs

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Today's playlist and a layout

Today will have a few song. First because I skipped yesterday and because I chose a few songs for today's category ;)

Yesterday was day 22: a song that you listen to when you’re sad. I guess if I'm sad I tend to listen to some melancholic music and for some reason, I turn to French music more in those occasion, maybe because it's what I grew up with... So the song I chose is Daniel Balavoine's "La vie ne m'apprend rien":



Today's song selection is "a song that you want to play at your wedding". I am already married, so there are multiple answers to this, more than you'd think.
Our wedding ceremony was a traditional church wedding in a 12th century church, so the music was instrumental and traditional (in on the Here comes the bride, out on the wedding march).
The first one is the song that we played for our first dance. We chose something from an artist Dave likes, "She" by Elvis Costello:



However, the DJ put in the wrong CD and for maybe 30 seconds (before one of my bridesmaids made him switch) we danced to "Angels" by Robbie Williams (I love the song and people were staring, so we stood there a while, than just went with it and started dancing, than my friend made the DJ switch and "She" started):



Wait, there's more, lol. If Dave had known how to waltz, I actually wanted to dance to "Ces diamants-là" from the musical Notre Dame de Paris (a pretty song about a wedding):



And finally, if I were to get married now, rather than 7 years ago, I might try to incorporate a fun song I discovered in an episode of Glee, Bruno Mars' Marry You:



...or maybe even the Glee version ;)



Wow, all done for today!
Now onto a little scrappy stuff. Today I participated in a challenge at Scrapable, hosted by my digi-friend La'Shawn. It was a "redo" challenge, so I took an old layout with a photo and title I loved but room for improvement... It was the photo of a family ring I got from my Mom for my 30th birthday and I scrapped it with "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" as a title, using inspiration from the colours and patterns in the scene from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes with Marylin Monroe of course. I also tried to give it a vintage look as the ring is from the late 20s. Here are the inspiration, the old layout and the revamped version.




If you're still here, thanks for reading, hope you like the music and the bling!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merci ! J'ai passé un très bon moment avec plein de jolis souvenirs que nous avons partagés.
peux-tu m'envoyer le dernier scrap de ta bague ?
Bisous.
Maman

Post a Comment