Poppylium Designs

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kicking it old school

Today's category in the song challenge is a song that reminds you of someone.
A lot of songs remind me of people, like my Cédric's favourites, or something I danced to with Dave, but never has anyone been associated to music to me more than Philippe, my friend and neighbour when I was in university in Lyon. He was into rap and to this day has kept it his passion and made it his job. He used to sing one particular song, all the time! So today's song is dedicated to Philippe, wherever he is, and it's Rapper's Delight by Sugarhill Gang:



Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too easy!
the best song that really reminds me one and only person is ... "The Rose"! and guess who I think about when I hear or sing it? YOU!!! my beloved little sister!
since the day (night?) we recorded it on a tape for Mom, singing the two vocal parts, I was never able to sing it alone again entirely without crying... until the day I had to get Alexis asleep and ran out of lullabies, as it was the only soft song that came up to my mind!
I truly miss you, even though we can't spend more than two or three days together before grating on each other's nerves, lol!

so a little song for you with all my love: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/6176350/the_road_to_austin_part_3/?source=playlist

Anne-Laure said...

Yves' selection: Nothing Else Matters (Metallica)
and it makes him think of... me! cause I love that song (I could have put it as my favorite song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAsA00-5KoI

Post a Comment