Poppylium Designs

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lucky Me!!!

Today, I'm showing you the result of my being lucky!!

The first two layouts I made with the kits I chose with my coupon at Scrapable. I won a $5 GC for winning layout of the month, and I got this beauty called Animal Magic by Milly Dee Designs:

I had been looking for a camel and a kangaroo for EVER (well, for a year...) to scrap the little petting zoo pics from our last Fall Fair:

The journaling means: There's always a zoo at the fall fair. That year, the zoo was bigger and really varied with exotic animals rather than just farm animals. The alpaca was all soft and we went back a few times to pet him. The camel was impressive and Daddy wanted to feed him, but he wasn't very delicate and drooled a lot when he ate. I think what you liked the most was feeding the pigs. You asked for more seeds for them a few times. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we went back in the afternoon to see and feed the animals again!

My other news are bigger!! A little while ago, Rachel of Captivated Visions decided to switch her Build A Kit a bit as it was turning 1 and to ask fans to submit ideas (themes, colour schemes, ...) for a kit. She would then choose an idea to win a huge prize: working with her to make the kit of your dreams, getting that kit free AND $20 to her store.
I submitted 2 ideas, one I knew was a really long shot and one I thought might work... and she picked it to win!!!!
I won't say too much about it, but you can see her post here and you'll see that the theme will be YOGA.
But I'm already enjoying part of my gift. After a long hard time trying to decide what I wanted from her store (I pretty much wanted everything), I picked these two beauties:

I'm going to use them together to make an album about my doggie girl Schatzie (which was the other kit idea by the way, so I'm really getting both my "dream" kits).
Here's the first layout I made with it, for a Scrapable challenge, about her CKC name:

I'm really happy with it! I'm adding some of my own doodles, like the wings on this one.
I love the colour schemes of both kits and I quite like them together!! Check out her store, you will love everything!!

Thanks for looking, leave me a little hello if you have time ;)

1 comments:

La'Shawn said...

I saw that you one Rachael's contest. That is really awesome and you chose some pretty awesome prizes. :D Congrats girl...and super cute layouts too. ;)

Post a Comment