Poppylium Designs

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Valentine's Day layout and an album!

Cédric got some heart glasses as a gift on Valentine's Day and he kept them on long enough for me to take a couple of pics, yay!
So I did a layout with the Scrap That Idea collab Summer of Love:

Cute glasses on a cute little man!
I also finally finished a mini album I had started a while ago. I chose a theme for my album based on the title of the kit I used: Live Laugh Love by A Work In Progress Designs by Vicki. I thought it was a nice concept and there were a few challenges around the time I started that worked well together, so I kept making layouts with the kit for different challenges and ended up with most of an album. I did two pages for "live", two pages for "laugh" and two pages for "love". I also made a layout with just text around the "theme" and thought it would work well for the back cover. I decided to use the leaf to represent "live", the sun to represent "laugh" and the heart to represent "love" as you can see in that back cover layout and therefore used them more specifically on the appropriate pages. And I finally found a challenge at Scrapable to make my front page with a cool template that said "love" really big, so I added "live" and "laugh" and voilà!
First let me show you this gorgeous kit "Live, Laugh, Love":

And here are the layouts in the order I'll place them in the album:

Now I have to decide how to print it... I'm hesitating between gluing the pages on cardboard, to make a chunky album, buying a hard cover album and inserting the pages or buying some album refills, inserting in them and binding them with ribbons... Any insight would be appreciated!!
Thanks for looking and happy scrapping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment