Poppylium Designs

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year

I wish everyone a happy Chinese New Year (as I didn't do the Western calendar New Year...). I believe we're starting the year of the rabbit and if I find the time, I'll try to redecorate my blog some time soon with my Chinese Zodiac kit (still available as a freebie).
For this Chinese New Year, I'm wishing for my 3-year-old son to go back to falling asleep easily. He used to be great at it and it was both quick and pleasant to put him down, but since we came back from vacation last week-end, he's been screaming hysterically for 30 minutes to over an hour and we have to stay in his room with him until he's fully asleep. So tonight we're moving him to his big boy room and bed hoping the change might be positive, or at least that we won't have to go through it again later (getting him used to his current room now and his new room later doesn't make much sense). Plus he's been throwing himself out of bed and could get hurt, whereas his new bed his lower to the ground. Wish us luck!!

On to scrappy news. I haven't had much time to scrap but today I did my desktop for the month. I used the Calendar Collection by A Work In Progress Designs by Vicki. The paper and leaves are from the January bundle and the elements and alphas are from the February bundle.

And here's my desktop, using a photo of us leaving the Dominican Republic a few days ago where we spent two weeks with my parents:

PS: I couldn't finish my post before Cédric's bedtime, so I went up, brushed his teeth, sat him in his new bed (no screaming), read him a story twice (no screaming), told him to lie down and started singing (no screaming), switched the light off and kept singing (no screaming), moved to the side of the bed and sang some more (no screaming) and he fell asleep and I left the room, closed the door and came down to finish my post ... YAY!!! So keep your fingers crossed for him to keep this trend and our evening to be peaceful once more ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment