Poppylium Designs

Friday, May 15, 2015

Disney - scary - selfie

The words all rhyme and could make a weird mad libs type sentence, but no, I did not take a scray selfie in Disney. They are the themes of 3 unrelated pages I made this week!

Scary is because it was Halloween, but really, our costumes were not scary this past October. We had Cédric dressed as Robin Hood and I found a really cheap second-hand dress perfect for Maid Marianne and Dave wore the same brown robe he's worn many times for many themes, added a cross and was Friar Tuck.
I bought a kit called Archer by Kristin Aagard to scrap the photos and I tried to emulate medieval book pages for the writing and design. I'm actually really proud of how it turned out :D


The selfie is just that! I had a good hair day and took a selfie in February, simple as that.
I used Bella Gypsy's new release: Just Add Glitter and the Just Add Glitter Bonus Papers (great girlie kit, I LOVE all the glitter and great colours, especially that amazing deep Indigo):


I also used the Fuss Free Freebee 135 template by Fiddle-Dee-Dee.


And the Disney part is no surprise to anyone. I don't think I'm ever going to catch up to my enormous collection of Disney photos... But anyways, I started scrapping the photos from our road trip to Florida last March (2014 that is).
Bella Gypsy had a beautiful new release called Play Hard (and matching Play Hard Chips) which had perfect colours and even the right theme for the Monstrous Playground at Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival.


I had to think fast of what I wanted to do with the album to have my layout ready for release, and for some reason, I decided to go with a blocking/pocket style type album. I was worried because I don't do a lot of that and when I do it's with template, but I really wanted to include lots of photos and I think it's the best way, I hated it at first but by the time I rounded corner and added white borders to the photos, I warmed up to it and I think the album will look good all in this same style.



Hope you like them.
Enjoy your week-end and thanks for looking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment