Poppylium Designs

Friday, March 18, 2011

Layouts, new releases and then some...

I'll start with the blabla, scroll down for scrappy stuff ;)
Hubby is at the ultimate redneck course to get his hunting license. He wants to be able to join his dad and brother once in a while when they go (mostly for birds I think, I really don't think he could kill a deer or a moose...). I'm not thrilled as he's gone for the evening and all day tomorrow, and I don't really love the concept...
I'm also really tired as we had to cut Cédric's hair today and that's emotionally and physically draining. He hates it, he moves, screams and cries, so it's a long and painful process and I ended cutting myself twice (but thank goodness I didn't cut him). The last two times we tried to take him to a hairdresser, they refused to do it because he moved too much, so I guess I'm adding hairdresser to my resume...
The only thing that makes it better is that tomorrow is the cheat day of our diet, so I'm having chocolate filled pastries for breakfast, McDonald's for lunch, an Indian mango curry for supper (with naans, mmmm) and Haagen Dazs cookie dough ice-cream for our tv-time snack! Can't wait!!

Now scrappy stuff. I have two layouts from challenges to show.
The first one was for a challenge Vicki hosted, to scrap something weather related. I had this gorgeous pic of the sun peaking through the clouds (kind of like the front of a religious pamphlet, don't you think, a glimpse at the presence of God...). I scrapped it with her kit Coming Home:


Then I did the mystery challenge at Scrapable, for which we had to journal about someone else than our kids (I'm afraid I'm guilty of that, scrapping mostly about my little man...). So I did one about my aunt:


Journaling says: since I was young, people tell me that I'm like my aunt, as much in looks as in facial expressions and personality. I couldn't be more proud. Full of life and humour, sweet with the ones she loves, bright and so much more... I can only hope to keep being like her and age as gracefully.

New releases today? Of course!
Artgal Style has a beautiful music themed kit out:


And A Work In Progress Designs by Vicki released a new Calendar Collection installment, the April Bundle (take a look at these flairs!!):


Thanks for reading and looking, and I'd love a little comment if you have time :)
Happy scrapping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment