Poppylium Designs

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

On a Crisp Autumn Day alpha

I'm glad you like the kit. I have to say that I myself LOVE that colour palette and I'm really happy with the kit!

I had fun with the alpha. I made it orange with a teal edge, and with kind of a sticker border. But I also decided to make it "stitchable". You might have noticed a long stitch in the elements, I used the same stitch to make a sshort one that you can used for each letter (with two "finished" ends). Then I thought, "what if people want to stitch the whole title or text together?". Because of the end look to the stitch, it wouldn't look great. So you'll notice that I made one with "ends" and one without, and if you make a bottom layer with the ends and overlap a top layer with no ends, you can produce a stitch of any length you need!
Does any of that make sense? :/

Hopefully when you see it, you'll get it... in the meantime, here's what the alpha looks like:

Just click on the image or here to get it!
Don't forget to come back tomorrow for a cluster frame and Friday for a quickpage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful alphabet! I really like the stitch idea - thanks for sharing.

Scrapulette said...

Il est sympa cet alpha et en plus je vois sur ton blog qu'il rend super bien !
Merci pour le partage ...

Post a Comment